Monday, April 2, 2007

A licence for GPL's text?

Lately, it has become very fashionable to “Open Source” or fork an already well established Free/Open Source Software, though their only contribution may be a change of name or if we are lucky, some cosmetic touches.

And every “innovator” wants to release the software in their own custom licence(especially those who create a new company for each software product!) and like most of the software this licence too is just GPL with few names swapped from GNU to say Acme Corp. and creators' names and titles.

It's time that FSF had a provision in the new version of the licence that modified licences should acknowledge that their licence was inspired(too generous a word!) by the GPL!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice from
an established blog. Is it hard to set up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm thinking about setting up my own but I'm not sure where to start. Do you have any points or suggestions? Thank you
http://is.gd/BzE5gm buy youtube comments reviews

My webpage ... youtube likes